15 July 2009

A Harry Potter Conversation

I've been rereading Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince because I don't know what I want to read.

(I'm also reading John Rosemond's Parent Power, but that's not the point of this post.)

Chris was home last Friday and we had lunch together, put the Boy down for a nap and then he and I stole away to Bed Sweet Bed for a very RARE afternoon snooze. Well, Chris snoozed and I read and then got up to work on the Boy's room some more (pictures to follow when I finish it).

The Boy woke up and I went in to get him out of bed and get Chris up as well, and as we all flopped over in Bed Sweet Bed we had the following conversation...

The Boy (attempting to crawl over me and get to the books on my nightstand): OHOHOHOHO!

M: Oh, you want to read Harry Potter, we can read Harry Potter.

The Boy (still attempting to crawl over me to get his hands on Harry Potter 6): OHOHOHOHO!

M: Really, you should have your daddy read it to you because he has the best read aloud voice for Harry Potter.

Chris: Dumbledore dies. Now can I go back to sleep?



And that's where I cracked up laughing and the Boy looked at us like we were crazy and then tried to stick his fingers up our noses and in Agnes' ears.

The End

Labels:

7 Comments:

At July 15, 2009 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous Jeff VanD. said...

HAHAHAHAHA! That's awesome... I think we had a similar conversation a couple of years ago when you introduced us to HP... :)

 
At July 15, 2009 at 8:53 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

I love it!! And I'm very excited to see the Boy's room!

 
At July 15, 2009 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Gina said...

John Rosemond's The New Parent Power is a well-referenced book on my shelf. I'm all about the Back to Basics attitude in parenting. I'd love to hear your take when you're done.

 
At July 15, 2009 at 1:51 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

Ain't life grand? Truly.

 
At July 15, 2009 at 2:41 PM , Anonymous the MuLLinS said...

Hahahaha, too cute. How do you like HP? Are you a fan? I'm interested to know your opinion on it. I'm also excited to see the boy's room! Squeeze that little one for me!

 
At July 15, 2009 at 10:54 PM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

The best part? I can TOTALLY hear Chris saying this.

 
At July 16, 2009 at 6:57 PM , Anonymous Rae said...

Thank you for the book rec over at my place! I'll be adding it to the Library holds list.

Oh, and though I never visit the dumb website, someone else posted this Icanhascheezburger can that I won't be able to avoid thinking about when I think of your husband now. http://icanhascheezburger.com/2009/05/03/funny-pictures-nao-feed-meh/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home