13 July 2009

The Anti-Climax

Huh.

I was washing up the dishes last night and I said to Chris, "I think I had too high expectations for today. Much like this time last year!" And he laughed.

We didn't do a big party as I previously mentioned. I couldn't bring myself to do a cake proper. The Boy hasn't had that much sugar and I really didn't want to send him in to sugar shock. I made some banana muffins and some lemon-blueberry muffins and the Boy snarffed up the banana but was less interested in the blueberry. He was VERY interested in bath and bed.

We bought him his first Tonka truck. It's the walk-behind, ride-on kind of toy and he LOVES it. I have discovered that my boy is a cautious one, he would stand up and hold on and push and the Tonka would roll forward and as soon as it was time for him to step he would sit down. He was very skeptical of the whole Hold-On-And-Walk-Behind concept, even when his mama showed him how it was done.

And now for pictures!

Doesn't quite know what to do with the toy, but DOES know what to do with the camera.

Huh.

Dinner?






All in all, the Boy didn't seem to get what the big deal was all about.

I was telling my mom the other day that he's been a bit odd lately. Just clingy and fussy, well, fussier than usual...and it's been a bit worrisome and then I just sort of lobbed that out the window and thought, "Oh well. I get to cuddle my baby a bit longer before he ditches me for the far more exciting toddler world." Is that selfish of me? Yes? Hmmm. I don't care. I thought that I might, but it turns out that I don't.


Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 13, 2009 at 10:22 AM , Anonymous Amy said...

Happy birthday sweet boy! Nate got the same truck for his 1st. He loves it now - just within the past few weeks or so. He honks the horn over and over and over and over and over and over. Did I mention he likes the horn a lot?

 
At July 13, 2009 at 11:02 AM , Anonymous the MuLLinS said...

Oh yes, I remember Thatcher going through the clingy fussy stage right on his first birthday too... it was HIS first year molars making a scene, so maybe keep your eye on those teeth back there! Looks like a fun time, love you three!

 
At July 13, 2009 at 6:21 PM , Anonymous Robbie said...

El CIB looks quite a bit like a young Orson Welles in the second of the three of el CIB sitting in the wooden chair. I think that it's the soulful eyes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home