18 May 2009

Which she is THAT talented

Seriously, people.

The boy had his first ever playdate last Wednesday, with the Ash-man who is 10 days younger than he is. It was really quite fun being pregnant at the same time as Katrina and rehashing our experiences together. It never failed to remind me how different we all are and how interesting the varieties of our experiences, and yet. For as different as our pregnancies were, we still came out the other side of it absolutely in love with our Boys and anticipate repeating that experience.

The Boy and the Ash-man were playing down on the floor, the Boy wreaking havoc, of course, and so I got down on the floor to try to contain the damage and Katrina got out her magic wand--I mean camera and she performed magic of the most difficult kind.

She managed to make ME look good. I have to be the least photogenic human being EVER created, and yet, here I am, looking relatively normal. And if I look good in these pictures, you should see how irresistible my Boy is. Oh wait! I can SHOW you!

Oh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of my otherwise steely heart melting into my shoes. Thank you, Katrina! Please always use your powers for good, otherwise, we're all doomed.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At May 18, 2009 at 8:19 AM , Anonymous Katrina said...

aw, you're making me blush.

 
At May 18, 2009 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous Whimsy said...

Lovely you, lovely boy.

 
At May 18, 2009 at 11:07 AM , Anonymous the MuLLinS said...

Okay I'm printing this out, life size, and am making a quilt out of it to go on our bed. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE these pictures! Melissa, you are so beautiful, don't act like it's a hard thing to capture that. I do love how Katrina was able to capture a candid moment though, it's perfect! Print it! Post it! Frame it! Keep it forever!! Thanks for sharing :)

 
At May 18, 2009 at 11:23 AM , Anonymous Miss Sarah in Georgia said...

Darling pictures! So fun to see you and the boy. :)

 
At May 19, 2009 at 11:13 AM , Anonymous ~SH~ said...

BEAUTIFUL - both of you!! Love it!

 
At May 19, 2009 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Carolyne said...

Those are really gorgeous photos!

 
At May 19, 2009 at 4:13 PM , Anonymous Bird said...

I would frame both! You guys look great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home