14 April 2009

Drowning in my Cheerios

I made the mistake of starting this morning with Amalah. Normally, she's a great way to start the day because she is hilarious...but today, oh dear, she led me to read about Maddie and Thalon.

And the world is now too sad for me to face today. I'm going to be keeping a blanket over my head. Thankfully, the Boy will be under there with me.

My friend Sarah quotes someone as having once said that to have a child is to allow your heart to walk around outside of your body...I've never felt that so strongly as I do today, as I think about those poor mothers who watch as that heart stops beating.

Excuse me while I cry into my bowl of Cheerios.

Go. Read those blogs. Remember those children. Hug your own. Be patient with them. They aren't diabolical, they aren't intentionally making your life hard. They are unintentionally making it more beautiful than you could have imagined on your own.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home