16 November 2007

Absence

So I can explain.

It probably won't be interesting or funny, but it's at least an explanation as to why I have not been funny or...well, present.

I have been sick y'all. Sick in a bad way. Sick enough to lay on the floor in a dark room and wish for death. Sick enough that my insides began to emerge through my face. It was not pretty. I have tried to run interference and spare you all from the gory details.

You can thank me later.

For now...I'm back! And about as...um...un-exciting as before. BUT! There is semi-exciting stuff happening in my general vicinity. Shall I fill you in?

SH at work is about 2 weeks from her due date...SH is awesome so her kid must be awesome as well.

The Husband had his "Uninsured Bake Sale" yesterday. It's a group project that he did for a class...they had to do something to bring attention to the upcoming election. Yep. The election that's happening NEXT YEAR. Still! He wanted to raise awareness of the 47 million uninsured so they did this great bake sale where the pricing system was 2 tiered. One price list for those who were "insured" and one for those "uninsured." He used the Twister spinner to make the decision. It was pretty awesome. And also lucrative. They made a pile of money to give to the SHAC! Yay for the Husband!

There was no Snarky Wednesday food review this week because, dude, I have been SICK. But we went out Monday to the Salvadoran restaurant, which was great as always...I could seriously eat their salsa with a SPOON. And we went out again last night to Bombay Grille (where, they know us because we eat there A LOT) for malai kofta and pillowy naan.

The weekend bodes to be busy...visit the folks tomorrow morning, the Sister tomorrow afternoon with laundry and apartment cleaning in betwixt the two. I'm hoping for a nap. It's my Christmas wish.

Now it's your turn...what are you doing this weekend? And this is for posterity, so be honest.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 16, 2007 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Tess said...

That Uninsured Bake Sale idea is awesome!

I got one of those $10 off coupons in the Target Wish Book, so I'll probably be squandering that on useless crap.

 
At November 20, 2007 at 8:40 AM , Anonymous SH said...

Aww .. thanks! I think you are pretty awesome yourself. And yay for being down to 1 week, 1 day ... whoa.

p.s. Uninsured Bake Sale toffee = delish!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home